We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
Social distancing is easy in Roane County.
For the love of Roane – Travel Safe, Shop Safe, and follow a few best practices to keep us all safe - wear a mask, wash your hands and practice social distancing. The Roane Alliance and the Roane Chamber recommends following the CDC guidelines so we can all begin living the new normal to keep our residents, visitors and businesses safe, while being able to remain open so we can get back to those places we love and move forward together.
In Roane, you can fit a lot of social distancing into 56,000 acres of recreation so Get Outdoors. Play along more than 700 miles of sparkling shoreline, hike or bike miles of paved and marked trails, explore or just relax in the thousands of acres of public parks, historic sites, resorts and wildlife areas.
Take comfort in knowing that alongside the opportunities to social distance, we have campgrounds, resorts and motels, restaurants, local shops and attractions operating safely and ready to welcome you.
Roane County is also abiding by the Tennessee Pledge.
Let's All Do Our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Roane County:
- During trips or outdoor exercise, practice social distancing by maintaining six feet between you and others at all times.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. IMMEDIATELY throw used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid Crowds. Practice social distancing guidelines and separate yourself from others by 6ft when in public places.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, stay home and CALL your doctor before seeking treatment at a medical office or hospital. Isolate yourself to a specific “sick room” and use a separate bathroom if one is available.
- Frequently clean and disinfect regularly used surfaces.
Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel!
COVID-19 TESTING SITES IN ROANE & OTHER RESOURCES:
To locate testing sites in Roane County visit covid19.tn.gov.testing-sites and select any of the following zip codes: 37748 (Harriman), 37763 (Kingston), 37840 (Oliver Springs), and 37854 (Rockwood) and 37830 or 37831 (Oak Ridge). The Roane Alliance maintains a Roane County COVID Testing Resource page for specific locations with days and times but please call or visit those location's websites to provide more up-to-date information.