We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
welcome to roane county. The best tennessee time out.
Here, time out is a good thing. Natural beauty and recreation are part of the good life in Roane County. Located in the Tennessee Valley with a Great Smoky Mountains backdrop, we enjoy four true seasons, generally mild temperatures and miles of picturesque waterfront.
Roane County is home to inviting waterways, opportunities for adventure and relaxing getaways. Whether you live or vacation here, you'll enjoy fun family festivals, toe-tapping music, the beautiful Watts Bar Lake with its world-class fishing, history that changed our world and delightful historic towns.
Soak in Roane!
Lakeshore miles on Watts Bar Lake, one of the largest in the Southeast.
Acres of recreation that includes water, parks, trails, wildlife areas and golf courses.
Events & festivals to enjoy year-round.
What will you discover in Roane?
- Watts Bar Lake - a scenic, navigable 39,000-acre lake that can be enjoyed year-round.
- Manhattan Project National Historical Park - soak up history that changed our world.
- Whitestone Inn - a sanctuary for the soul.
- Henry/Stafford Agricultural Expo Center, with events every weekend like rodeos, horse and dog shows, and tractor pulls.
- The Annual Tennessee Medieval Faire and Pirate's Fest held in May and October.
- Caney Creek RV & Riley Creek Campgrounds - both with waterfront sites and full hookups.
- Roane County Park where you will find a splash pad, disc golf, trails and picnic pavilions.
- Princess Theatre, a restored 1920s-era art deco cinema and stage.
- Bradbury Community Club, live Bluegrass music every Tuesday and 3rd Saturday night.
- Fort Southwest Point, the only pioneer-era fort reconstructed on its original site.
- Rockin' on the River & TN Team Trail are just two of the many annual fishing tournaments held.
- 450+ festivals & events like the annual events Smokin' the Water, Harriman Christmas Home Tour, Thunder Road, and Hooray for Harriman.
- In the summer, buy Local at area Farmer's Markets, enjoy food truck events and the 2nd Fridays on Roane.
Journey through Roane’s landscapes, here in the Tennessee Valley.
Plan your vacation, pinpoint places to explore for a driving tour and detail day trips with our interactive map.
Spend summer days paddleboarding or cruising on a pontoon, or hiking and biking more than 60 miles of trails. Satisfy your curiosity about what lies within Manhattan Project National Historical Park in the Secret City of Oak Ridge. Give in to the adventure.View More
Enjoy events year-round, from fireworks to fire breathing, classic cars to classic films, and races of all kinds! Music can be heard almost any night, from bluegrass to show tunes and from singer/songwriters to local bands. We know how to enjoy life.View More
Relax where New England architecture meets East Tennessee natural beauty at the peaceful Whitestone Country Inn. Camp on the water's edge at Riley Creek Campground and Caney Creek RV Resort. Rent a private lakeside cabin or home. For the adventurer, enjoy a night at Windmill Bed & Breakfast, located on the Devil's Triangle and near Windrock Park. Here, time out is a good thing.View More
Since Roane County was founded in 1801, it has been home to many talented people. Folks here might agree you don’t need fame to be happy, but that certainly doesn’t mean they would pass up an opportunity for the spotlight. With that said, you may want to grab your autograph book as we travel throughRead More Roane’s RenownedRead More